For this episode, we’re joined by our very own Emily Bathgate: qualified naturopath, holistic skin witch, and founder of natural skin & lifestyle brand The Purist Collection.
Emily is devoted to helping women reclaim their radiance, and achieve healthy skin (and even healthier self-esteem!), naturally. Emily’s mission is to empower women suffering from skin conditions like acne to get to the root cause of their skin issues, enabling and inspiring them to make healthier lifestyle choices so that they can heal their bodies naturally, and become the most confident, happy, healthy and radiant versions of themselves
In this episode, Emily shares the story of how she went from hating the skin she was in, to now healing the skin of the clients she works with.
Emily and Tarra speak about:
– Emily’s acne and self-hatred journey.
– Navigating mental health, low self-confidence and low self-esteem.
– Emily’s Roaccutane story, and how she turned to conventional medications & skin solutions that, while relieving some surface symptoms, did not even begin to fix the root cause/s.
– How holistic and conventional skin treatments compare, and why there is no such thing as a ‘one size fits all’ approach.
– How mindset matters when it comes to holistic skin health, and the underlying mental and emotional aspects of skin conditions.
– The skin as our largest organ and indicator of the health of our body’s other organs and systems.
– The silver linings, gifts and gratitude that can come from ill-health.
– The skin cell renewal process, and why there isn’t such thing as a ‘magic pill’.
– Emily’s interpretation of holistic treatment, the tools she uses when working with clients, and why it’s important to gather all of the pieces of your individual puzzle.
– The story of Emily’s luxury natural skincare brand, The Purist Collection.
– Conventional skincare product ingredients to watch out for, and why.
How you can work with Emily:
Emily has just launched her comprehensive eBook and holistic skin health guide, ‘Ready, Set, Glow’, for purchase: https://www.thepuristcollection.com/products/ready-set-glow.
EWG’s ‘Toxic Twenty’ Cosmetic Ingredients information: https://www.ewg.org/
Campaign for Safe Cosmetics: https://www.safecosmetics.org/