Crafting Stress Resilience
We all know that stress isn’t great for our health and that stress management is crucial. However, crafting and building resilience to stress might be even more important…
In this episode, Em talks about how to support and train the nervous system, build more solid foundations, and help better bounce back from the next inevitable stressful event through crafting stress resilience.
As always, we start this episode with an update from us: it’s our 50th episode, Tarra’s back from Europe, and we have a big Witches Being Witches update for you!
In This Episode:
- Understand how various types of stress affect our bodies and overall health – physically, mentally, emotionally, and even environmentally
- A recap of the intricacies of the nervous system, and the interplay between its ‘fight or flight’ and ‘rest + digest’ modes within our bodies
- Learn about the signs of chronic stress observed by Em in her naturopathic clients, as well as how to discern whether you are in ‘freeze’ mode
- Remembering that life doesn’t just happen to us – we are not just passive observers, but the protagonists, authors, and directors of our own lives
- Uncover some of Em’s favourite herbs for combating long-term, chronic stress and for supporting stress resilience, including adaptogens (like Withania or Ashwaghanda), nervine herbs (like Skullcap) to tone + restore the nervous system, and anxiolytic herbs (like Passionflower) to alleviate anxiety
- Gain insights into the HPA axis and HPA dysfunction, also known as “adrenal fatigue” or “adrenal exhaustion”
- Nutritional medicine for stress resilience: explore the role of specific macronutrients and micronutrients in supporting a healthy nervous system, alongside the significance of mindful eating
- The powerful benefits of mindfulness, meditation, and exercise in managing stress and cultivating resilience
- Learn how adopting cyclical living can support your nervous system and encourage self-compassion
- Self-reflection, and why reflecting on our values, how we feel, and what we want to be remembered for is so helpful
- Explore the importance of supporting and activating the vagal nerve to enhance stress resilience
- Discover some of Em’s top practical tips for stress resilience, including cold exposure therapy, yoga, balance, a good cry, and having fun!
- Recognise the importance of seeking support when needed, and the various types of support available
- Episode 31: Nurturing the Nervous System
- Episode 29: Anxiety Awareness
- Episode 4: Kinesiology & the Subconscious Mind with Rachel Dhanjal
Follow + Subscribe to be the First to Hear More:
Join the Witches Being Witches Coven:
Join our Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/wbwcommunity