In this episode, we discuss gut health from a combined naturopathic and ayurvedic perspective.
Together, Em and Tarra explore:
– The 3 major functions of your gut.
– The science of your microbe composition, its diversity, and its uniqueness.
– The gut-brain connection, and how modern science is only just catching up to alternative healing modalities in recognising its importance.
– How digestive issues can affect not just your gut, but the rest of your body.
– The doshas, or energetic types, in Ayurveda, and how these play into gut health.
– Simple ways to improve your gut health.
– How when you eat impacts the health of your gut and influences our circadian rhythm.
– What could be causing your bloating.
– Their thoughts on intermittent fasting.
– The importance of a daily routine (in Ayurveda, ‘dinacharaya‘), including tongue scraping.
– The impact of mindful eating on digestion.
– How your emotions can impact your ability to digest.
– How you can take some of the burden off your digestive load or fire.
– Rethinking your raw food and cold smoothies.
– Why having a variety of foods in our diet is so important.
– The difference between, probiotics, prebiotics, and what exactly small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) is.
– How movement affects digestion, and other ways to reduce your toxicity and digestive load.