Instant gratification is the desire to experience pleasure or fulfilment without delay or deferment. Basically, it’s about getting what you want when you want it; and you want it now.
In this episode, we cover:
– What the marshmallow test can teach us
– The over-reliance on instant gratification behaviours, and how this is changing our brains, distracting us from more meaningful pursuits
– How this is affecting our ability to dream big and maintain long-term motivation
– The impact on our current health systems and our overall health
– The link between our nervous system and being in survival mode
– Why having a vivid view of the future is important for your spiritual health
– Why boredom can enable creativity by allowing the mind to wander and daydream
– How discipline plays into delayed gratification
– How we can anchor into our big goals and values
– How we can lengthen our attention span
– The tools Em and Tarra implement in their life to curb instant gratification
‘Atomic Habits’ by James Clear
How to work with Tarra and Emily:
Share your big vision with us!